February 5, 2014
Whether you’re procrastinating, or just looking for some new Pinteresters to follow, here’s a list of five Pinteresters for a well-rounded Pinterest Profile.
1. PR Daily (prdailycom). With almost 4,000 followers, this Pinner is the public relations newsletter we all know and love in Pinterest-form. With boards ranging from “Social Media” to “Humor”, any PR pro can appreciate these boards. Their “Global Media/PR Events” board holds updates on upcoming get-togethers such as content marketing summits and PRSA’s International Conference. Following PR Daily is a great way to have a little bit of news on your home page.
2. Heidi Leonard (HeidiLeonard). Hello type-A personalities, this Pinterester is for you! Heidi Leonard, a professional organizer, leads over 6,000 followers to a more organized life. This wife and mother from Georgia shows you the ways of ultimate organization. PR is one of the top ten most stressful jobs, and organization is key. Without it, stress levels will be on the rise. The most helpful boards for PR pros would be “productivity” and “goals & planning.” Follow and pin for a little peace of mind, and an organized life.
3. Scripps PRSSA (scrippsprssa). Our own Scripps PRSSA chapter, pins everything and anything a PR pro could ever need. From social media to interview questions, using Pinterest for business and how to stay healthy, Scripps PRSSA has a board for it. Follow them to learn more about what Ohio University is cooking up in the PR world.
4. Funny or Die (funnyordie). Who doesn’t need a comic relief every once and a while? This website’s Pinterest is just that. Ran by Will Ferrell’s production company, you can always count on a laugh from these pins. Over 8,000 followers come to Funny or Die for cute animals, celebrity jokes and Pinterest’s latest update: GIFs. Made from a series of animated photos or short video clips, GIFs are just what Pinteresters everywhere needed. Funny or Die’s GIFs range from a dog riding a turtle (quite adorably) to overly invested sports fan and their reactions, all funny might I add. How can you not follow something Will Ferrell is producing?
5. Social Media Today (socialmedia2day). Clearly a favorite in the public relations world, social media is extremely important. Social media technologically drives our ever-evolving career path, and thus Social Media Today has made a Pinterest. For search engine optimization, content marketing, eBooks and branding boards, look no further. Coined “The world’s best thinkers on social media”, Social Media Today has over 8,500 followers, and can give you a jump start on the social media world, via Pinterest.
So whether you’re planning your future wedding or just pinning away travels to fulfill your wanderlust, follow these Pinteresters to get your daily dose of PR.
Gentry Bennet is a freshman studying Strategic Communications. You can follow her on Twitter at @Gen__andtonic.